Framework for Managing with Data
Developed by the National Resource Center for Child Welfare Data and Technology, the Framework for Managing with Data is a tool to assist agencies in using data to improve outcomes for children. The framework will help you:
- Engage staff at all levels and community partners throughout the process;
- Clarify and focus on an area or issue of interest;
- Consider key questions within your focus that you want to answer with data;
- Identify and select the appropriate and most useful data to examine the issue and answer your questions;
- Analyze data to explain what might be driving practice;
- Select appropriate strategies/tools;
- Develop an implementation plan that includes data monitoring;
- Monitor and assess implementation of the plan in relation to the expected results.
The Framework's Five Key Steps:
- Define an Area of Focus and Key Questions
- Use Data to Explain
- Use Data to Select Strategies and Tools
- Design and Implement Plan
- Use Data to Monitor/CQI
Download Framework for Managing Data: An Overview (PDF - 233 KB)
Looking for training or technical assistance?
Find out more about what we offer, and get in touch.